Saturday 31 October 2009


I thought it was about time I started seriously getting on with the job of making my Christmas cards for this year. I am so late starting them this year, that I shall have to really get down to it very soon. So, for this one I used one of my newly acquired vintage santa image stamps from Crafty Individuals. I stamped the image on to bristol board using memento ink in tuxedo black. I then used distress inks to both colour the image and add distressing around the outside edges of the image layer. After it was coloured, I sprayed it with two layers of Crafters' Companion Spray and Shine varnish and one layer of CC Spray and Sparkle (unfortunately the sparkle effect doesn't show up too well on this picture). I embossed a layer of red mirror card in one of my snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folders and layered the stamped image onto this. The BP is from Grahicus which I received as part of my membership of the Graphicus Guild. The flowers were punched from the same red mirror card with punched snowflakes added on top. I used the layout from the Let's Get Stamping sketchie challenge for last week over on Craftbubble so this will be one of my entries for the challenge.

3 comments:

LINDA said...

This is simply stunning.. Very lovely card..
Hugs, Linda

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is such an amazing card Wynneth. The image is so beautiful it could easily stand alone it's so stunning. xx

Annie said...

fabulous card Wynneth and glad you managed to sort out the scheduling! I'm looking forward to hearing how the craft show went yesterday - I ended up making wedding invites nearly all day - but apart from running out of the card to cut the circles they are all done. I just need to pop over to Kelly Bray on Monday to get some more of the card. Let me know if there's anything you need or if you want to come along.
hugs, annie x