Wednesday 18 November 2009

Artic Blue Mermaid - QKD Wednesday Blog Hop


It's wednesday again, so that must mean it's time for the Queen Kat Designs weekly wednesday WIS Blog Hop!  This gorgeous Artic Blue Mermaid image was such a joy to colour and I love that her pets are sitting on that small iceberg with her!  I used my ProMarkers to colour the image, added Spica glitter pen to create highlights.  I used Glossy Accents dusted with Glamour Dust on the trim of her hood and sleeves to give them maximum shimmer.  The frame was created using my Spellbinders Nestabilities frame die and it was cut from some pearly pale turquoise card with a 'Best Wishes' message in silver embossed on the card.  This beautiful shaped card was in a bargain pack I bought at my local Art shop recently and the spotty paper was cut using a nestabilities labels die.  The large icicle is dusted with glitter and I added a number of clear 'glass' baubles to tie in with the icy water theme.  Thanks for stopping by to view my latest Queen Kat Designs creation, I'd love to read any comments you care to leave.

Do join in on this hop for some great inspiration.

There are some fabulous new stamps being released in the QKD store on 19 November, and as this is also coincides with the 3rd Birthday of QKD, there is lots of fun to be had on the blog this week.


hugs
wynneth
x

2 comments:

Annie said...

fabulous sparkle Wynneth and such an adorable image too!
hugs, annie x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful!! You're ALREADY doing great things with the mermaid girls!!! =)