Monday 2 November 2009

Christmas is a'coming


I am really late starting my Christmas cards this year, so have decided that any challenge cards I make will have to be Christmas themed, at least that way I will be playing along and adding to my stock of cards at the same time.
The card I'm sharing with you today is one of my entries for this week's Let's Get Stamping sketchie challenge over on Craftbubble. My card follows the sketch and we also have to include distressing.
This adorable vintage santa collage stamp is from Crafty Individuals and I think it lends itself perfectly for the distressed look.
I stamped the image with distress ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then 'distressed' it with Antique Linen, Fired Brick and Pine Needles distress ink. The BP's are from the Dovecraft Victorian Christmas 6 x 6 paper pad which I somehow managed to buy two of last year! Some of the papers are not obviously christmasey, and I do really like this particular pad of papers. The 'North Pole' sentiment is from Magnolia. I decided to make an easel card for this challenge as they are so easy to make and are very effective. I lined the inside of the card with another sheet from the same paper pad and added the sentiment in the centre, layered up with foam pads, to act as the 'stop' for the front of the card. I used a scrap of red mirror card to cut out a strip to attach to the round North Pole image then cut two slits in the BP so that this could be threaded through. This could be a removable bookmark, if wished, although I have stuck it down on this card. Finally, I added a piece of hessian ribbon across behind the image, to comply with the sketch.

No comments: