Monday 9 November 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Nephew


There are quite a few family birthdays in my family at this time of year and for my Nephew's birthday tomorrow, I made this card using one of my 'precious' hAnglar and stAnglar stamped images that I am lucky enough to have had sent to me by crafting friends.  Although a very cute image, I don't think it's too cutesy for a young man's card!  The BP is part of a sheet of 12 x 12 denim effect paper I picked up from my local Art Shop's 10p bargain bucket, and is perfect for a male card.  I coloured the image with my ProMarkers and added a subtle amount of sky blue chalk around the image to take away the stark whiteness of the card.  The layout is one I use frequently, as it works for me.  The two fancy edges were cut with a Martha Stewart border punch and an EK success border punch.  I used a little more of my new Card Candy and the sentiment was one of my £1.50 bargain stamps from the Sincerely Yours Paper Extravaganza at Taunton.

3 comments:

Annie said...

a great guy card Wynneth! hope you had fun at the fair - and when do you get back home?
hugs, annie x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

So cute Wynneth, brilliant colouring and i love the layout too. Your nephew will really appreciate it. Some fab bargains there too! xx

LINDA said...

This is such a darling card.. Im sure your nephew will love it!!!
Hugs, Linda