Wednesday 16 December 2009

Christmas Presents


I wonder what is inside these two gift boxes?  Will they be under someone's tree in a few days time? 
For this card I used this lovely accessory stamp from Magnolia.  Although they are the perfect size to sit one of the magnolia character stamps on, I thought they looked quite cute on their own and matched perfectly to this paper I had in my stash.

I coloured them with ProMarkers and used a gold Spica glitter pen on the seals and ribbons.  I then cut the image out with a deckle edge rectangle nestabilities die.  I felt the white of the card on to which I'd stamped the images was too stark a contrast, so decided to add a little Antique Linen distress ink around the edges of the layer.  I found the little round sentiment in my box of Christmas bits and bobs and distressed this with more of the Antique Linen ink.  This narrow gold foil ribbon was in my bit box too and it was the perfect finishing touch for the card, added to give the appearance of a ribbon wrapped box.
Thanks for dropping by my blog today, please come back any time I love to see you :o)
hugs
wynneth
x

1 comment:

Annie said...

Morning Wynneth! that time of year is creeping up far too fast! love how you inked the edges of the image with the DI - did you use Bristol Board to stamp onto and if so is the DI ok with it? still snotty here and now a cough is developing - waiting for the tumble dryer repair man to come take a look again at my temperamental machine!
hugs, annie x