Monday 14 December 2009

Don't Be Blue this Christmas!


The delightful Grace from Pollycraft's Christmas Pixies series of stamps was my choice again for a special card for another great crafting pal.  Grace is such a sweetie isn't she?  This particular pal is a great fan of all things Blue, so the colours to use on her card was a 'no brainer'. 

The background paper was a magazine freebie and was the perfect shade of blue to match the ProMarker colours I used to colour Grace.  I cut her out with a plain oval nestabilities die after colouring her.  I added some Glossy Accents dusted with Glamour Dust to her hat trim and wings and they are very sparkly in reality, but the light was so poor today when I took the photograph that it came out quite dark and the sparkle doesn't show up too well. 

After adding the stamped image, I wrapped some silver lame crochet cotton around the base layer, criss-crossing it in the centre.  Finally I added two layered up white flowers over the centre crossover and I didn't add a sentiment to the front of the card as I liked the simple layout with nothing else added. 

My pal should have already received this card so I hope it doesn't spoil her surprise if she sees this on my blog before the actual card arrives!

I do appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for your support.  Do come back again tomorrow to see what I have created for you to share.

hugs
wynneth
x

2 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oooh look, that's MY card. Thanks so much Wynneth. Its absolutely gorgeous and I love its Bertious Blueness.... It arrived last week so its nice to see it "up in lights" as it were. A big BlueBertie thank you. Lauren x

Jayne Hayward said...

Love your card. The flowers look fantastic built up together and love the centre brad. Your image is coloured in beautifully.

Jayne xx