Tuesday 23 February 2010

Forever Friends with Abby

The Queen Kat Designs DT have been lucky enough to be working this month with two of the new stamps released during February.  For today's card I decided to use the new Abby Mermaid, I do love this stamp, she is just so sweet and I wanted to give her a last spotlight before the end of the month as there will be more new stamps to be showcased in March! 

My regular visitors will know that every Wednesday I have a spot on the Whimsical Ink Sorority Blog where I showcase one of my creations using either a newly released, or an older WIS stamp or monthly WIS Kit.  All of which are available in the QKD Store.  In addition to showcasing my work on the WIS Blog, I like to also post it on here to share with visitors to my blog. 

To demonstrate just how versatile larger stamps can be, I used only part of the image, but stamped out two.  Using a Spellbinders nestabilities oval die, I cut out just the head and shoulders from the images and layered these up on to yellow ovals cut with a slightly larger nestie die.  The sentiment is from a QKD set which actually reads 'Friends Forever' but me being the rebel that I am, I swapped the words around!!  The sentiment was cut out using a petite scallop ovals nestie.

I coloured the images with Copics and ProMarkers and added a little Glossy Accents as highlights on the bubbles.  The background paper is from Papermania, I just love the way the design sweeps down from the top left, it just called out to have these two beauties hanging from the branch.  The turquoise lacy strip at the bottom of the card was cut with a Martha Stewart deep border punch. 


If you didn't join in with Monday's QKD Blog Hop, it isn't too late, you can still check out all the amazing DT creations by starting here and following the links on each of the blogs.  

Thanks for stopping by today, I appreciate your support and hope to welcome you back soon.

hugs
wynneth
x

2 comments:

Kathyk said...

Splendid, as always Wynneth - fingers crossed for you (and Steph)today.
Kathyk

Annie said...

Hi Wynneth! I'm catching up with you again and saw this cute card with the little Mermaids, just so pretty!
hugs, annie x