Tuesday 2 February 2010

Hello Springtime

I have a sweet little card to share with you today.  The image called 'Mimo Roses' is a stamp by Bildmalarna.  My crafting pal Annie kindly allowed me to stamp up this image from her new stash of stamps when we got together for a crafting session recently.  Isn't he a real cutie?

I coloured him with ProMarkers and used Scattered Straw Distress ink to colour up the image layer around the edges.  I did the same with the sentiment, using a stamp from The Greetings Farm.  The background papers are from the Papermania Springtime 8x8 paper pad - I'm loving these papers!  Finally I added a brown silk flower with three paper roses in the centre.  I placed all the elements to make best use of the designs and swirls on the background paper.

I used this particular sentiment so that the card isn't obviously for a specific occasion, but would work for many. 

I'll be posting on the Whimisical Ink Sorority blog for my regular Wednesday spot tomorrow, I hope you'll drop by to see what I've created to share with you.  I am showcasing the newly released 'Abby Mermaid' stamp which will be available in the Queen Kat Designs Store from tomorrow.

Thanks for dropping by today, I do appreciate your support.
hugs
wynneth
x

4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

He definately is a cutie...and it's a gorgeous card.

Kathyk said...

Another lovely card from you Wynneth, I love the colurs you've put together and tell Annie the image is fab!
Kathyk

Annie said...

aw Wynneth, he's so cute! love the chocolate and yellow colours you picked, and I must remember to try the DI around the edges!
hugs, annie x

Jodi said...

Such a cute image!! I love the way you colored it too!!
Hugs
Jodi =)