Sunday 27 June 2010

Happy Monday morning to you and welcome to this week's Queen Kat Designs monday blog hop.  You should have found your way here via the lovely Lara's blog, if not you should head back to the start so you don't miss any of the amazing projects the Design Team have to share with you today.

This week we have this fabulous picture to inspire us and we are revisiting some of the fantastic stamps that have been around for a while, rather than new releases.  I think pink and brown is my all time most favourite colour combo and these colours look so luxurious in the picture - I'd love to decorate my room this way, that wallpaper is scrumptious!  


I do so love Monarch Mia Mermaid and haven't used her in a while, so she was the perfect choice for this week's project.  You should know me by now and realise that I love playing around with shapes and layouts and this week is no exception!  I cut oval apertures from the centre of 4 layers of heavy weight patterned paper, with reducing sizes of nestabilities dies.  The stepped aperture leads your eye down to the star of the show - Mia sitting in her lovely undersea garden.  I edged each layer with some Stardust Stickles for added bling.

I've included the picture on the right, which was taken from a sideways angle, to demonstrate the layers more clearly for you. 

I cut the flowers, swirls and fronds from white card using some Marianne Designs dies, then coloured them with Promarkers to exactly match the colours I used on the image.   I then layered them up and added more Stardust Stickles to the top layer of the flowers.  The sentiment is from one of the WIS kits which I stamped in brown ink then cut with a plain oval nestie and layered it over a matte cut with a very slightly larger scalloped oval.

I hope you are enjoying today's hop, I'm now sending you on your way to see the amazing project the lovely Kimme has to share with you today.  Don't forget to stop by the Store when you've finished the hop, the Queen has filled the Castle with so many fabulous goodies, now is a really great time to stock up with your favourite stamps and supplies.

Bye for now, hope you have a wonderful day.
hugs
wynneth
x

8 comments:

Kathyk said...

Smashign, Super, lovely as Jim Bowen used to say . . . . but it is and you're right about the colour combo - FAB!
Kathyk

Juliet Diley said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is just beautiful! You always rock it out!

Unknown said...

Your work has inspired me so much in the time that we have been working together Wynneth. Thank you for giving me Mojo.

Kathyk said...

Thanks for your lovely comments on my own blog (trust me though, you would soo not want those slippers!) and I see you too are counting down to Orlando's Craftapalooza 2010 - can hardly wait - get the beers in!
Kathyk

Lara said...

WOW! That is absoultely gorgeous!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!

Unknown said...

That is beautiful

Annie said...

she was fabulous when I saw her on your table! love the pink and the 'going in' look.
hugs, annie x

Keely Livings said...

Oh, so gorgeous, Wynneth! Another amazing card!