Tuesday 24 August 2010

I ♥ Promarkers Challenge #29 - include a charm

Happy wednesday folks!  It's time for a new challenge over on the I ♥ Promarkers challenge blog.  This week we are asking you to include a charm somewhere on your project - no sketch this week just let your creativity run wild!  Our sponsor for this challenge is Digi Doodle Shops Best so I hope you'll enter and play along with us.

I decided to use this yummy Digi Doodle image for my DT card this week, I have just harvested my own Blueberry crop - which consisted of just one berry!  There must be a lot of very fat birds in my garden as they have snaffled all the others!  Did a bit better with my apple crop though.

I coloured these luscious berries with Promarkers then added Glossy Accents over the top to give them some dimension.  I found this gorgeous little metal bee charm in my stash which was just perfect for my card.  Making an easel card, I cut out the image with a nestabilities scalloped oval die set and a slightly larger layer in dark blue card using another die from the same set.  I created the sentiments on my computer and cut them out with smaller dies from the set, using the larger one as the 'stop' for the easel.  Dragging a matching dark blue PM around the edges of these smaller layers gives the impression that there is a slightly larger blue layer underneath.   It isn't easy to see, but I added some pale blue cloud effect paper to the base card - not sure who it's by as it has been in my stash for a while. 

I do hope to be visiting your blogs and commenting on your entries this week, I love this part of being on the DT!

Keep on Crafting!!
hugs
wynneth
x

5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gorgeous Blueberries Wynneth. Shame neither of us managed to get quite such a plentiful supply from our own little trees this year but I suppose there's always next year eh... The sight of these little beauties will keep me going until then... LOL Lx

Annie said...

delicious card Wynneth, I loved it in real life with those glossy blue berries - a stunner!
Keep dry and enjoy your day.
hugs, annie x

Kathyk said...

But why are none of them smiling Wynneth? You would think they would all be so happy to be on such a pretty card, love the sentiment and the deep blue scalloped oval just sets it off really well.

Kathyk

Lia said...

beautiful card I love the digi and great coloring , you did a great job
hugs Lia

Judy said...

Hy Wynneth,

What a fabulous job you've done with this stamp. My mom drew this stamp, and she wasn't sure folks would get the color right, but you sure did. I showed this to Mom, and she was just so impressed. Her words were.."They look like you could pick them off the card and eat them". Thank you so much for doing such a beautiful job. Hugs,
Judy/DDS