Monday 6 September 2010

Mad Fancy and Friends


Happy Tuesday dear reader, boy are the weeks flying by now, September already! I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but in the UK there is definitely an autumnal feel to the days now, but don't you just love all the fabulous rich autumn colours around.

As it's tuesday, there's a blog hop going on with the Queen Kat Design Team and this is the project I am showing on the Whimsical Ink Sorority Blog as part of the Hop. If you'd like to do the hop just start here and follow the links.


This week we've got another great sketch to work with and I got to play with the fabulous 'Mad Fancy with background' stamp - how lucky am I?
I decided that as she was called Mad Fancy, I'd be a little more outrageous with my colouring and colour scheme. I've often used this lovely lady before but not with this fabulous background., so my project has a sort of monochromatic scheme, but with a kick!

The fabulous black and white papers are from one of the older QKD kits. I love the asymetric stripe and the circles paper just makes me think 'oriental' - I think it looks very much like chinese coins or is that just my vivid imagination!!. I stamped the lilies from the August WIS kit either side of the main image to match the sketch and I think they're just the perfect touch.

My girl has purple hair, is dressed in black and white and I added peachy/oranges to her Flamingo Friends so they pop against the more muted shades in the rest of the background. I coloured with a mixture of Copics and Promarkers and added lots of Spica Glitter pen to her tail and beads.  This gorgeous black lace has been languishing in my ribbon bag for a while and I just thought it added a tiny touch of feminity to this bold and surreal image!

I hope you've enjoyed your visit today, do leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this new QKD mermaid, I do so love to hear from you.
Til next time - Happy Crafting!
hugs
wynneth
x

5 comments:

Lia said...

woww stunning card wynneth and yes time flys our children go to school this week again, so the school break is over
hugs lia

Kathyk said...

I'm impressed, again, particularly the idea of purple hair!!! A super project Wynneth

Kathyk

Marion said...

Stunning card Wynneth. Love the bold paper and that image is great. Delish lace.
Marion

Junie said...

STUNNING Wynneth I completely love your colour combination !!!

Annie said...

oh my! a stunning creation Wynneth!
hugs, annie x