Thursday 25 November 2010

Take some Distress Inks, Post-its and.................


How are your Christmas preparations coming along?  Are you one of those highly organised people who have already bought, wrapped and labelled all the presents, made and written all the cards, have a Christmas cake and puddings maturing nicely in a cupboard ready for the Big Day?  Or are you more like me, still struggling to get far too many things done in a woefully short timeframe in order to have everything ready in time? 

I know these are two extremes but I do have friends and acquaintances who fall into the first category and I'm very much in awe of them and their organisation as well as a little envious of their calm and ordered approach to this busy time of year!

Me? I'm still plodding on with making my Christmas cards and, although I have bought some pressies, there are still quite a few to track down - needless to say, none of them are wrapped yet, Ho Hum !

Today's card is a nice and simple one on which I used the fabulous 'post-it' technique which my crafting buddy Kathy uses to awesome effect and which was demonstrated in Craft Stamper Magazine a couple of months ago. 

I masked off a base card with post-it sheets leaving a shape exposed which I then coloured using Distress Inks.  Once the DI's were dry I over stamped this lovely Candy Cane image by Inkadinkado with black ink over the coloured area.  I added some Platinum Stickles to parts of the cane as highlights, the flowers were punched using Nellie Snellen punch & emboss sets in two sizes, from red and white card and layered up.  The flower centres were created using a Waco Pearlmaker pen in red - I've only just found them in the Cuddly Buddly online store and I'm loving them.

This is such a quick and easy technique and a great way to get a large number of cards made quickly if you are short of time, I think they are rather elegant too - what do you think?

That's it from me today folks, hope to see you again soon, til then - Happy Crafting !
hugs
wynneth
x

3 comments:

Annie said...

very chic Wynneth! the sort that have a high price tag in a glossy box in M&S!!
I still have cards to bag up for tomorrow but feeling blah today - hopefully will brighten up this afternoon and get my act together. I'll ring you this evening for an update on the arrangements.
hugs, annie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Sooooo stylish. I do love that Candy Cane Wynneth. What a great idea to team it with Kathy's fave post it note technique. Wow!

Kathyk said...

WTG Wynneth, what a fab use you've put this technique to - loving that candy cane too. You must be catching up with your Christmas cards by now.

Kathyk