Friday 19 November 2010

Vintage Santa


How are you getting on with your Christmas cards this year?  I had intended to start mine in january and make at least one per week throughout the year so that I didn't have a last minute rush!  Well, I have to confess that I failed miserably and here I am, for yet another year, struggling to get my cards done in time!

Soooo.... I have yet another Christmas card to share with you today.  On my recent vacation in sunny Florida, I picked up a goodly selection of Christmas stamps from Inkadinkado.  This vintage Santa is one of my favourites.  I used Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door Distress Inks to randomly ink up a piece of white card before stamping the Santa image in black over the top.  I added the image layer to a slightly larger piece of pearl card before edging around with Plantinum Stickles (oh how I love this stuff!!!). 

The Merry Christmas sentiment is from another of the Inkadinkadoo sets, stamped in black with more of the Platinum Stickles added and red 'pearls' created with Waco Pearl Maker liquid.

A simple layout but nice and flat and lightweight for posting, so will mail for a regular stamp rather than a Large Letter stamp, saving a few pennies - and aren't we all trying hard to economise right now and yet still produce quality work?  I know I am.

That's it for today Folks, til I see you next time - Happy Crafting !

hugs
wynneth
x

3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Soooo lovely Wynneth. I do love these vintage images. They're just perfect and you really don't need to do a whole lot else do you. Lx

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card tfs!!

Annie said...

oh my! I am finally catching up with you Wynneth! your vintage Santa card is a stunner and love the little red pearl touches along with the platinum stickles.
hugs, annie x