Wednesday 15 December 2010

Cute Card Thursday Challenge - One for the Kids

Today's card is my GDT card for the latest challenge over on the Cute Card Thursday Challenge Blog.  For this week we are creating 'One for the Kids' and you can interpret that in whatever way you wish!  I would love to see your entries for this challenge and check out your creations on your blog, just add a link on the CCT blog and I'll drop by and leave you a comment.

I decided to make another Christmas card for my project as a friend asked me to make a card for their Granddaughter's first Christmas, which is perfect for this theme.  This LOTV image is just so adorable and could be used for a baby girl or boy card depending on how you colour the little babygrow and hat.  I wanted mine to be a really girly pink creation and coloured the image with Copics before cutting out.  I then set this over a pearly cream layer cut with a scalloped oval nestie before adding over a layer cut with a Beaded Circle nestie from snowflake paper.  I punched a snowflake border with a Martha Stewart punch from Pixie Pink card by SU! - I used more of the pink card to punch and emboss the flowers with my two Nellie Snellen sets.  I added snowflakes punched from the pearl card inbetween the two sizes of flowers and for the fine fronds punched with a Martha Stewart punch and finished off with a pink gem and a little Fruit Punch Stickles.  The sentiment is from LOTV and I heat embossed it on to pearly card using pink EP before adding using Pinflair Glue.

I hope you've enjoyed your visit here today and that you may be able to play along with us on CCT this week.

hugs
wynneth
x

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Super cute! Lx

Kathyk said...

It's perfect for the cute bears and for baby's first Christmas and sooooo darned cute anyway

Kathyk

Debs M said...

gorgeous card and that image is so cute! x

Annie said...

Hi Wynneth! this is such a darling card and I love the pink and aqua colours together. and how you layered up those poinsettias too. I'm back in the land of the living, just, but still not doing much or venturing out just yet.
hugs, annie x