Thursday 9 December 2010

I Come Bearing Gifts....

I've been getting all my small gifts organised to give to girlfriends when we meet up for our pre-Christmas get together next week. 

Each of these bags takes just a 12 x 12 sheet of lightweight card or heavy weight paper and a few scored lines.  I stamped and heat embossed in gold a tree image from an Inkadinkado stamp set before cutting it out using an oval nestie.  I used another stamp from one of my Inkdadinkado sets, which I also embossed in gold to match the tree embellishment.  I used my Crop-a-dile to punch two holes in the top and threaded ribbon through, adding the tag before tying in a bow.

The box on the right was made in the same way as the bags, just an extra set of scored lines at the top so that it finished up as a box rather than a bag.  I used a sheet of the fabulous double sided Costco papers which my crafting pal Kathy kindly got for me earlier this year.  I wanted to take a small gift of some handcream to my pal who is in hospital and it looks so much more special in a handmade box.  The beautiful ribbon was purchased at Michaels when I was in Florida recently, it has just the right amount of shimmer and sparkle.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing my festive packaging today, thanks for taking the time to visit my blog during this really busy time for us all - I do appreciate my readers and followers so much.

hugs
wynneth
x

5 comments:

Lia said...

wonderful gifts you made Wynnneth I love the all
hugs Lia

Kathyk said...

And very lovely they look too - classy. Love those Inkadinkado stamps - they're going to get a lot of use year on year in my house too!
Fab gifts that anyone would love to receive
Kathyk

Annie said...

fabulous gift packaging Wynneth, and loving the papers, and that gorgeous ribbon!
hugs, annie x

Marion said...

These are gorgeous Wynneth. Lucky girlfriends.
hugs
Marion

Lauren Hatwell said...

These are fabulous Wynneth. Do they flap over at the top? Lx