Tuesday 7 December 2010

I ♥ Promarkers Challenge #44 - A Christmas Carol or Song

We have a fun challenge over on I ♥ Promarkers this week - the theme is 'A Christmas Carol or Song' and the sponsor for the prize this week is Letraset so a chance to get youself some more yummy Promarkers!  Why not pop over to the blog and check out the projects from the rest of the DT for inspiration. 

For my card I chose this adorable Lilli of the Valley image - We Three Kings - aren't they sweet, and a great Christmas Carol too.  It reminds me of when my kids were small and how I had to create costumes for the annual school Nativity Play - Oh happy days!!  I just love how the children put their heart and soul into the performance and I've been lucky enough to sit in on a couple of my grandsons' school plays in recent years.

I coloured the image with Promarkers, with Spica Glitter pen added here and there and Gold Glamour Dust over Glossy Accents on the stars.  The colours on my card are a little different as I used a moss green base card with gold layers and fancy corners cut with a Marianne's Designs die.  The lovely wide checked ribbon was in my stash, I created the sentiment on my computer and cut it out with a nestie deckle edge rectangle.  I used the fancy corners to try and create the impression of the edges of a stage and the gold layer as side curtains, to set the scene for the performance!  Finally I added Platinum Stickles around the edges of all the layers, I added some red PM around the edge of image layer under the Stickles.

Looking forward to checking out your entries this week, so I do hope you'll play along with us on this challenge.  All that's left for me to say then is - Good Luck!  You've got to be in it to win it!

hugs
wynneth
x

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Simply FABULOUS dahlink!

Kathyk

Annie said...

an adorable image and a fabulous festive card Wynneth! it's my grandson's Nativity play next week so I hope to be going along.
hugs, annie x

Marion said...

Beautiful card Wynneth. Lovely image and fab colouring.
hugs
Marion