Friday 3 December 2010

A single candle can light up the whole world.....

...... when we share our flame with others.

I can't believe that yet another weekend is upon us, my how the weeks are flying by right now!  I still have lots of Christmas preparations to complete, but everything will be done in time, I'm quite confident!

Another Christmas card to share with you today I'm afraid, I love this Penny Black stamp, it's the one I used on the black and gold card I shared with you a couple of days ago.  I never tire of the image and it can be used in so many different ways.

On the last card I heat embossed the image and on today's I used Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink to stamp it up.  I used the same DI to distress around the edges, first placing a circle of paper to mask the area around the flame.  After I was happy with the amount of ink I'd added, I removed the mask and very gently used the foam pad, with only the ink remaining on it, to spread a small amount of the ink over the area which had been masked.  This softens the edges somewhat and gives a more realistic look.

I finally added Stardust Stickles as highlights on the image, although these aren't showing up too well in the photograph.

The patterned base card was created using a swirly holly stamp from an Inkadinkado set and the same DI, randomly stamped over the card.  I matted the image layer over some dark blue pearly card I had in my stash and tied a length of narrow cream ribbon, doubled up, around the bottom part of the image layer and tied it in a bow, before attaching to the base card.

That's it for today folks, do drop by again real soon.
hugs
wynneth
x

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

It certainly is a gorgeous image and the way you've used it has worked so well - fab card for you collection Wynneth

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Utterly stylish and I'm loving that BLUUUUUE! What a beautiful card Wynneth. Lx

Junie said...

Hi Wynneth !!! Hoping you are well my friend !! Your card is STUNNING and as Lauren says UTTERLY STYLISH !!! I love it !!

Annie said...

very stylish Wynneth! I am all behind and catching up with you again! hope you are keeping well up the road!
hugs, annie x