Saturday 22 January 2011

Fruit & Fibre


I seem to be in a phase of using more non-cute images at the moment and I have to say it's been quite refreshing to do something a little different for a change.  I've recently acquired a set of 12 Lettraset Aqua Markers and I thought I should try them out to see if I like them compared to using Distress Inks to watercolour with.  So far, I'm not really liking them that much, but I guess more practice is required and I probably need more colours to add to my basic set!

The Sunday themed challenge over on Craftbubble last week was 'Fruit & Fibre'.  I had this simple still life image by Stamping Up! ready stamped on to some smooth pressed watercolour paper, which was perfect for the theme.  I used a combination of techniques with the Aquas, scribbling the pens on an old plate and lifting the colour with a water brush and also applying the ink direct to paper and blending with the Aqua blender pen.  The length of fibre under the image is made from pineapple leaves and so is an added twist on the fruit and fibre theme.

I cut out the image layer using a set of rectangle nesties and used the larger dies to cut layers from SU! Early Espresso and Sage Shadow - a colour combo I really love.  I'm liking all the white space and simple layouts at the moment and I think this would make a great card for either a man or woman.

That's it from me today folks, thanks for dropping by, I hope you've enjoyed your visit.  I'd love to have feedback from you, so please leave me a comment and let me know how you feel about my current change of style.

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

And it turned out really well Wynneth

Kathyk

Kathleen said...

Wynneth this is great you've worked wonders with the Aqua pens.
Kathleen x

Marion said...

Great card Wynneth,
You have managed the aqua pens very well.
hugs
Marion

Annie said...

a beautiful arty card Wynneth - I will have to look closer tomorrow!
enjoy the rest of the weekend.
hugs, annie x