Wednesday 26 January 2011

I ♥ Promarkers Challenge # 50 - Lavender & Lace


Yesterday a brand new challenge was launched over on I ♥ Promarkers for this week.  I apologise that my DT card is a day late posting on here, but I had a bit of congestion as I needed ideally to have three different projects posted at the same time!  I really wanted to give each project at least a few hours exposure time, so spread the postings over two days.

Our theme for this week's challenge is 'Lavender & Lace' and our prize sponsor is Digi Doodle Shop.  I chose this elegant lady's hat image from DDS for my project which I coloured, of course, with Promarkers.

The background paper was a piece I found in the right colour in my stash, and I used SU! Almost Amethyst cardstock to cut out the shapeability Lotus shape and the lacey edged border with a MS punch.  I found a pack of white paper doillies in the back of the cupboard, which I think I bought at a craft show a couple of years ago.  I cut out the image layer with a circle nestie and a larger circle from another of the dies from more of the Almost Amethyst which I then overstamped using Dusty Concorde Distress Ink.  The large purple flower is I think from Prima but has been knocking around in my box of flowers for ages so I can't be sure.  I blinged it up a bit with some purple Stickles around the edges of each petal and more of the Stickles around the outside edge of the patterned circle and around the sentiment layer.  I also added some strands of tiny pearls under the flower and a small flower cut from Almost Amethyst with a punch, then a pearl centre added with my Waco Pearlmaker pen.  The lace was hiding in my bag of ribbons and I think I got it at a Michaels store when I was in the USA last year.

I hope you'll enter the challenge this week, I love visiting all the different blogs to check out your work - til next week, Happy Crafting.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

It's super Wynneth, although you would just KNOW I would say that - given the colour!!! Lush hat too!

Kathyk

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

What a beautiful card Wynneth, I know a certain Crafty pal who'd just love this!
Oh, just read the above comment! I rest my case :)
Hugs,
Katie x

Annie said...

just beautiful in lavender Wynneth!
hugs, annie x