Thursday 17 February 2011

Less is More with Flowers


A short and simple post from me today !  Over on the Less is More challenge blog, the challenge this week is to create a Clean and Simple (CAS) card with just one layer.  Following, of course, the less is more principle and using a flower or tree image on your creation, so  I've entered my card for this challenge.

I have a fabulous set of stamps by Stampendous and this beautiful image of an orchid plant was just perfect for the challenge.  The simple and elegant sentiment is also from the set and I have to say that I use these sentiments on lots of my projects.

The image was stamped directly on to a C6 size base card and coloured with Copics - simples !

Nothing more to say on this, so I'll bid you farewell for now.  Tomorrow I'm heading off 'up north' to Accrington to meet up with a bunch of my on line crafting pals (some of whom I've actually met before).  We are all doing a workshop run by Dark Room Door at Dawn Bibby's shop - Topaz Crafts - on saturday afternoon but the rest of the time up there we are hoping to get lots of crafting done.  We're each taking tools and supplies for different techniques and looking forward to trying something new.

Hope you've enjoyed today's project and I that you'll stop by again as I'll be sharing more of my creations.

10 comments:

Kathyk said...

Your less is more card is just lovely and that image is super

I just know we're going to have a ball - set alarm good and early!! See you early afternoon then!

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

This card is stunning! The colouring is amazing and the composition is perfect.
Thanks so mush for joining us this week and we hope to see you often on our challenges.
Enjoy your weekend, it sounds like a whole heap of fun!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Breathtakingly beautiful!
That's a fantastic stamp My Mum would love it as she grows orchids on her sideboard, they thrive!

Thanks very much for taking part, so look forward to seeing more of your work as the weeks progress

mandi
"Less si More"

Lynne said...

Absolutely stunning card. That stamp is fabulous and you`ve coloured it beautifully.
Lynne xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Have a brilliant time Wynneth. Your card is absolutely beautiful. Lx

Debs M said...

gorgeous card, see you tomorrow!

Susan said...

Gorgeous stamp...I have orchids in my bathroom...and this looks just like them!!

Annie said...

beautifully elegant Wynneth, definitely less is more. hope you have fun this weekend and looking forward to hearing all about it!
hugs, annie x

Sonia said...

This is lovely Wynneth.
Hugs Sonia xx

Viv said...

I love it, just perfect! Viv xx