Monday 14 February 2011

Purple Piper

Today's card features the delightful Piper from Queen Kat Designs once again, isn't she such a pretty little gal? I decided to use some pretty pastel shades and make her much more 'girly' than on my last card featuring her.  I'm showcasing this card for my regular Tuesday slot on the Dark Ink Sorority blog for QKD.

I cut the image out using a large scallop circle nestie die and coloured her with my Copics. Using the spellbinders Lacey Circles die set I cut out layers from SU! Pixie Pink and Almost Amethyst cardstock and layered them up under the image. Using the same cardstock I edged a strip with a Martha Stewart punch and embossed it with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. The swirls and fronds were cut using Marianne's Designs dies and a MS punch. The crystal flower was from a pack I bought recently at a Craft Show, where I also bought the tiny dragonfly gems and the sparkly pink ribbon was from my stash.  It's Dark Ink but not as we know it!!!! mwah !

Thanks for dropping by to check my creation today, it's great to see you !

I'd like to wish my new Followers a HUGE welcome - it's great to have you on board and I hope you'll enjoy the ride  :O) 

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

So beautiful,the colours are gorgeous!!!
Hugs xx

Debs M said...

she is gorgeous, beautifully coloured x

Annie said...

oo she's a pretty one! and love the sparkly dragonflies to go with the ones on the stick she's holding!
hugs, annie x

Marion said...

Hi Wynneth,
Wow! She is just stunning. Gorgeous colouring and a lovely layout.
hugs
Marion

Unknown said...

Very pretty - love the soft shades you have used for this one. x