Tuesday 8 March 2011

I ♥ Promarkers Challenge #56 - Baby Card


This week the I ♥ Promarkers Challenge asks us to create a Baby card.  Our prize sponsor is Di's Digis and the sweet image I used for today's card is available in their store here

I coloured this little cutie in shades of pink as a card for a baby girl, but I think by using shades of blue it would work equally as well for a boy with that adorable tuft of hair !

The base card was embossed using the 'In Stitches' embossing folder by Craft Concepts and the image cut out using a plain rectangle nestie.  I cut a slightly larger layer from SU! Pretty in Pink cardstock with a die from the same set and a layer of pale patterned paper cut with a large scallop rectantle die and layered them all up.   The ribbon was from my stash and I created the flowers with a Nellie Snellen Punch and Emboss set, adding pink pearls in the centres with a Waco Pearlmaker pen.  I also added three more pink pearls with the pen in the top right corner of the image layer. 

I deliberately didn't add a 'New Baby' sentiment as I think the card could work just as well for a Christening or baby's 1st Birthday, not just a new arrival congratulations and I can personalise it inside for the relevant occasion later. 

Thanks for dropping by today, I do hope you'll enter the challenge this week - let us see your lovely baby cards, just leave a link on the I ♥ Promarkers blog, Good Luck !

2 comments:

Annie said...

ooo what a darling Wynneth! I love the pretty flowers and pearls and the image is just adorable.
hope to see you soon.
hugs, annie x

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! Love it

Ali x