Wednesday 16 March 2011

I ♥ Promarkers Challenge #57 - A Card for a Man


The I ♥ Promarkers Challenge this week asks us to create a card for a man and the prize sponsor is Stampeezee and the prize is £10 to spend in their store.

I think most of us struggle making cards for men, they can often be a little dull as we use darker colours and we don't generally add flowers or other pretty embellies.  Most of the men I make cards for among my family and friends enjoy receiving humorous or lighthearted cards which prompted my design for this card. 

The image I used is from Magnolia and I'm ashamed to say that it's been in my stash for quite some time and never seen ink !  Once I'd got the design concept for my card in mind, I found a scrap of paper from the DCWV Pocket Full of Posies stack which looks a bit like waves.  The image is coloured with Promarkers and I created the sentiment on my computer and cut out with a star shaped nestie.  The shiny ric-rac ribbon was kicking around in my bag of ribbons and proved to be the perfect colour to match my card.  The layer under the image was cut with a large scallop circle from SU! 'Not Quite Navy' cardstock.

That's it from me today folks - if you plan to enter a card for the challenge, Good Luck !

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

I think we ALL have one or two of those stamps lurking in our collections! Lovely card and FAB colouring - a perfect card for a guy!!!

Kathy

Kathyk said...

In fact, with a little tweaking it's darn near perfect for the sketchie this week too!!!

Happy Sunday

Kathyk

Boni said...

Are you ok ? Im so use to comming by and looking at the new stuff ....havent seen any lately .Hugs

Annie said...

I missed seeing this one! a fabulous card for a man.
hugs, annie x