Saturday 6 August 2011

Fairy Fleur

I've been playing with my Lavinia stamps again, but  wanted this card to be a more CAS (clean and simple) design.   So no background papers, brayering or Distress Inks, just a plain white background.

I started with a white 5x5 base card and stamped the lovely 'Fleur' directly on to it to build up the scene.  I was concerned that the Copics might bleed when I coloured the main fairy image, but luckily they didn't.

There is clear Spica Glitter Pen on her wings and the flowerhead and black Spica on her boots and the spots on her clothes, but as always it never shows up in a photograph.  IRL there is a great deal of twinkly fairydust around !

My design started life in my head as a true CAS project, but as I got so carried away with adding more of the foliage, mushrooms and stars, it got a tad too fussy to be CAS.  Still, I'm reasonably pleased with it and as there is no sentiment on the front, it will go into my box of 'any occasion' cards to use on a later date.

I'm still getting to grips with these gorgeous Lavia stamps and trying new techniques, thank you for allowing me to share another creation with you.

See you again next time !

8 comments:

lbwright22-loopylou said...

WOW!!! This is amazing. You are very brave to colour and stamp straight onto the base card. Love the stamps and the composition of the card- perfect.

Heidi said...

Wynneth thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous inspiration with us all. I love it, so clear and yet such a gentle card, I think these Lavia images are beautiful. hugs heidi x

Lauren Hatwell said...

This is absolutely beautiful Wynneth. I love all those golden shades of brown. You really have done a smashing job. Lx

Alexeya said...

Lovely Wynneth. It's good to remember we can more than manage without patterned papers sometimes. I must get myself some Lavinias...you have got me very jealous.
NX

Unknown said...

Stunning, absolutely stunning!

See you Monday afternoon - got some new stamps to show you!

Debs M said...

oh wow this is fabulous!!!!

Kathyk said...

It's GORGEOUS Wynneth - I am experiencing Lavinia envy!

FAB stamps used too

Kathyk

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I'm glad you got carried away, this is a stunning piece Wynneth and beautifully coloured. You really should frame it.
Have a great week.
Katie x