Monday 29 August 2011

A Gift For You



I've got something different to share with you today, this is the project I've posted over on the Dark Ink Sorority blog

I've used one of the sentiments from QKD on a chocolate/candy bar wrapper, turning it into a special and pretty gift. The monthly stamp kits always include lots of sentiments which are so useful for many occasions. This project is a great idea if you need a small gift in a hurry, we all have pretty papers in our stash and you can add any embellies you wish to finish it off.

My wrapper was created from a piece of 12 x 12 heavy weight patterned paper, cut long enough to wrap around the chocolate bar of your choice and wide enough to cover the length of the bar. I used a Martha Stewart punch to give a pretty lacy edge to both ends of the wrapper, then attached a narrow band of cardstock around the centre.

The rosette was created from a strip of the paper 12 x 1 inches, scored on a scoreboard and a couple of small circles punched out of the same cardstock as used for the narrow centre band. I added a pretty wooden button from my stash in the centre to finish it off. The sentiment was stamped on to a scrap of cream cardstock and cut out using a nestie pennant die.

I hope you've enjoyed today's project, thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Wynneth this is beautiful love the rosette and papers yes it is different for you but beautiful all the same have a great week
Jacki xx

Kathyk said...

Super way to dress up a bar of chocolate - I admire your patience with the folding of the rosette (without a die!) - a lovely project which I'm sure will be greatly appreciated by the recipient.

Happy Tuesday

Kathyk

Clare Lloyd said...

great idea wynneth. love that oriental ornament too!! x