Tuesday 24 April 2012

Flower Power


This time of year it's lovely to see all the spring flowers appearing in gardens and hedgerows, which certainly makes me feel that summer is just around the corner.  For this week's I Love Promarkers challenge theme we've got 'Flower Power' which is so topical.  Our prize sponsor this week is Digi Doodle Shop.

For my DT card this week I've used the lovely 'Butterfly Blossoms' from DDS and coloured the image with my Promarkers - guess you could say I've gone totally flower crazy with my design !

The bp is from the Isabelle paper stack by First Edition Papers - many of the sheets in the stack are glittered and all are of a good heavy weight and are actually more like cardstock.  I've used a couple of my lovely Memory Box dies to cut out the flower garland and border from Garden Green SU! cardstock.  The tiny flowers were punched with a Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch from another sheet from the paper stack and the tiny pearl centres were created using a Waco Pearlmaker Pen. 

I created the sentiment on my computer (I do have this sentiment in a stamp set somewhere, but my craftroom is a bit of a disaster area at the moment and needs a serious amount of tidying so that I can access all my stamps !) then cut out using a Marianne's label die. Finally I added touches of Stickles to the butterflies and the flower centres in the image.

I hope you'll join in the fun this week and enter a card for our challenge on ILPM, I look forward to seeing your designs.  Thanks for dropping by my bloggie to check out my project, hope you have a great wednesday. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, lots of lovely flowery details - beautiful. x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Such a beautiful card Happy crafting Ginny x

Annie said...

oh my! lots of lovely flower power on this card Wynneth! I must get over to yours and have a browse through your die folders as you seem to have lots of new ones since I last visited!
hugs, annie x