Tuesday 22 May 2012

Christmas in May !



Well, it WAS snowing in some parts of the UK last week I understand !  I'm not doing too well with my plan to get a couple of Christmas cards made each week through the year to prevent a last minute rush.  I'm way behind schedule so thought I'd take the chance to make one for my DT card for this week's I Love Promarkers Challenge. 

Our theme this week is to include diecuts on your cards and the prize sponsor is Susie Sugar's Die Cut Dreams.

For my card I used this pretty birdhouse stamp by Lili of the Valley, coloured it with my Promarkers and used a nestie die to cut out the image.  I do love White on White (WoW) for Christmas cards so added the image over a white layer cut with a larger nestie.  The background was embossed using a snow shower Cuttlebug embossing folder to add some texture.  The trailing ivy, poinsettias and mistletoe leaves were cut using Marianne's dies and a pearl in the centre of the flowers made using a Waco Pearlmaker Pen.  The snow effect was created using Glossy Accents and Twinklets Diamond Dust, which gives the snow great dimension as the particles are larger than regular glitter.  The sentiment is from a set of stamps by SU! and cut out using a matching SU! punch.

I hope you've enjoyed today's project, I hope to be blogging more often now that I've returned from my travels for a while.

Have a great day and thanks for dropping by.

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

It's just gorgeous, so pretty and delicate

Kathyk

Jayne Hayward said...

This is gorgeous. I love the WoW. Adore the marianne die cuts you have used too and the sentiment.

Jayne xx

Jennifer said...

I love WoW, and this card makes me love it more. I have thought about buying the ivy die for some time, but now it is a must.

Jennifer. x

Annie said...

ooo! this one is so pretty Wynneth, I love it - I want it! hugs, annie x