Monday 28 May 2012

Close Your Eyes... Make a Wish

Happy Monday everyone, hope you had a lovely weekend.  Our horrid wet weather didn't last too long into the day yesterday and we did get a little sunshine, however today dawned cloudy, windy and a tad chilly.  If you are one of the lucky ones to still be basking in lovely warm temperatures, make the most of it as I think cooler weather is on the way for most of us !

Today's offering is a simple CAS card and my entry for this week's Less is More challenge. It seems that 'any shape but square or rectangular' is quite popular for challenges this week.

I haven't created a Clean And Simple card for quite a few weeks, and thought about this challenge for a while, before deciding to use a new set of stamps I purchased recently from Inkyliscous - it's their 'Dandelion Wishes' set and quite delightful.  I also recently acquired the new limited edition set of Distress Inks and used 'Shaded Lilac' to create my background and also to stamp the images (I love this shade and will most likely be using it a great deal in the future!). 

The base card was created using the largest die in a set of octagonal nesties.  I then applied the DI using an Inkyliscous brush (I've only recently tried these and I just LOVE them).  Using the same colour DI I stamped two of the dandelion stamps and the little flying seeds image. I used Memento Paris Dusk to ink up the sentiment as I wanted a slightly darker shade of ink to give the words some impact.  Finally I added a few tiny touches of Sardust Stickles on the seeds to give the whole design a 'magical' feel.

Hope you've enjoyed today's project, hope to see you back again real soon.  Sadly, I lost one of my Followers this week - not sure why but I do hope whoever you are will drop by occasionally to see what I continue to get up to in my crafty space.  Thanks for Following me for a while anyway.
 


12 comments:

Kathyk said...

FABULOUS card dahlink!

Sppoky set of coincidences here, Wynneth, I have this set of stamps, I recently acquired the limited edition DI's too and I lost a follower this week too - weird huh!

Happy Monday matey

Kathyk

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

This turned out just awesome! Love the shape too.

Annie said...

gorgeous card Wynneth, but not such a fan of dandelions at the moment as they are seeding into my patch of grass known generally as 'lawn'. sorry I couldn't make it over today, something came up as they say! hugs, annie x

Chrissie said...

Great to see you back with us Wynneth!
This is simply super! I love the monochrome look.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is more"

Debs M said...

ooh love this, great shape and stamps and i love the colours you used! x

Debs M said...

hang on...i lost one too!!!!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Hi Wynneth,
Such a lovely card, LE Distress inks, ooh how cool! I love these dandelion stamps and always adore seeing what people create with them. Such a lovely CAS card, there's just something about CAS isn't there?
Í've lost so many followers over the years, and gained mind! Don't let it get you down. I think they follow just because you have a giveaway and then no-longer bother. Their loss, not mine. You have a lovely blog and I will reply to your email shortly.
Hugs, have a great week.
Katie x

Deanna said...

I love your design and colors you used! Stunning!

Viv said...

Really like this Wynneth - lovely colours.

Mandi said...

Hi Wynneth
Brilliant card, super shape
Great to see you
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Vicky Hayes said...

This is such a gorgeous card Wynneth! I love the colours and the lighting effect you created is brilliant with the dandelion image and that lovely sentiment. The shape make the card very special too. This is one of my favourites of your cards - just superb! I wasn't a follower - but I am now! Vicky x

Viv said...

It's so pretty Wynneth, love the stamp too :) Viv xx