Wednesday 23 May 2012

Pink & Green Christmas

As I'm still in the mood for creating Christmas cards, my DT card for this week's challenge on Cute Card Thursday is yet another one to add to my stock.  The theme for our CCT challenge this week is 'Pink and Green' and the prize sponsor is Heather's Hobby Haven.

I love this sweet Lili of the Valley Christmas stamp and I think she looks lovely in shades of green and pink.  The base card was created using some SU! cardstock and a set of nesties to form a scalloped edge card.  I used different sizes of the dies to create the layers and cut out the image, before colouring the image with Copics.  The pink snowflakes were cut using a Martha Stewart punch and I added pink gems from my stash and Stardust Stickles to bling them up a bit.  The sparkly ribbon was from my stash and the sentiment is a stamp from SU! cut out using a matching punch. 

There's more Stickles around the scalloped edge of the image and on the star tree topper, then I added Glossy Accents on her boots to give them some dimension - although this isn't showing up too well on the pic.

I hope you like today's creation, head over to the CCT blog to check out the fabulous work by the DT and maybe submit an entry yourself this week.  I'd love to see how you interpret the theme.

Thanks for dropping by today, I do appreciate you taking the time to visit.

6 comments:

Kathyk said...

Simply smashing Wynneth, loving those pink snowflakes too

Happy Thursday

Kathyk

Unknown said...

The pink and green colour combo works perfectly with this design. A beautiful and sparkly card another fabulous card Wynneth.

Thank you so much for my lovely birthday pressies - just need to find somewhere very safe for one of them. x

Annie said...

love it Wynneth! She's so pretty in pink and green and lovin' the sparkle!
hugs, annie x

Jayne Hayward said...

Gorgeous creation. Love the beautifully coloured image, sentiment and snowflakes.

Jayne xx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

That's one of my fave colour combos Wynneth, such a sweet card. As for the image -gorgeous!
Enjoy the rest of your week/weekend.
Katie x

Lorraine said...

This image looks gorgeous in pink and green Wynneth. Love your Christmas card!
Lorraine x