Saturday 2 June 2012

I made it into the Top Three..

My entry was voted as one of the Top three on the Lili's Little Fairies Challenge last week for my 'anything but square' Christmas card - which made me really happy !  (check my card out here if you've missed it)

Yesterday I had a lovely morning out with a couple of pals, visiting a local market town - Tavistock - where there are some very nice shops and a wonderful pannier market.  When we arrived we discovered there was a Vintage Clothes and Collectibles fayre in the Guildhall and I found this pretty Silver Jubilee mug filled with a scented soya wax candle on the Peagreen Furniture Company's stall.  There were candles in vintage cups and saucers, moulds and bowls etc, what a great idea and I was pleased to be supporting a local small business as they are located in Maidencombe, Devon. 



In the pannier market I found some pretty handpainted wooden buttons and couldn't resist buying a metre or two of this lovely lace. 
The darker green buttons are ceramic and I found them in another shop in the town.  I can now finish off the cardigan I've been knitting as I have some pretty buttons.
We then went for dinner with friends at a great Italian restaurant in Plymouth for the evening.  We haven't had chance to get togher with them for quite a while so it was a great opportunity to catch up with all our respective news.

There are quite a few new challenges this week which I'd like to enter, so I'm hoping to squeeze a little crafting time into the weekend.  Less is More have a Red, White & Blue theme, Lili's Little Fairies is 'Anything Goes' and on the Craftbubble Craft Mad and Loving Group it is 'Let's Celebrate a new beginning and open a bottle'.  Lots there to keep me busy I think, so I should have more projects to share with you very soon.

Hope you are having a great Jubilee weekend and thanks for taking the time to drop by my blog today. 

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Quite a haul - the lace and buttons will, no doubt, be deployed pretty soon then!

Happy Saturday

Kathyk

Debs M said...

well done on your top 3 and looks like quite a productive shopping trip x

Clare Lloyd said...

well done on your top 3 wynneth and what wonderful finds you bought, sounds delightful. x

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Those buttons and lace look gorgeous and I hope you manage to get lots of crafting in for those challenges.

I've got too many crafts on the go too but it doesn't stop me from trying just one more! See you soon hopefully.x