Wednesday 11 July 2012

Like Sunshine You Brighten My Day

Happy Thursday, I do hope there is a little sunshine in your life today !   If not, I hope today's project will bring you a little ! 

I've got a fun little project to share with you today, it's my DT card for this week's challenge over on Cute Card Thursday.  We have a sketch to follow this week and our prize sponsor is Whiff of Joy Stamps.  Why not pop over to the blog and check out the fantastic work from the other DT members and get the details of the sketch. 

The image I've used is by Penny Black and I've coloured her with Promarkers and Fleximarkers.  The floral bp was a magazine freebie and I created some patterned card for the other layers.  Using SU! cardstock I stamped a background design and brushed gold Perfect Pearls over to give a very subtle pattern (which may be a little too subtle to show up in the photograph !) .  I brushed Picked Raspberry (one of the Summer Limited Edition colours) Distress Ink around the edges of all the layers and attached the image layer over a scrap of darker pink cardstock - to make it pop a little. 

Although not really visible, I attached a pretty tag to the top right corner, which I cut using a Marianne's die before attaching a large paper flower from my stash.  To finish off the flower I've added a big bright pink button with yellow thread tied through the centre.  The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley and I added this over the top of a scalloped layer stamped with the Raspberry DI and punched out using a SU! punch. 

Some teeny tiny buttons and Stickles around the outside edge of the image layer, touches on the sentiment, her shoes and flowers and my card was 'all done and dusted'. 

Hope you've enjoyed this whimsical little number, thanks for taking time out to visit today.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Simply fabulous and funky Wynneth and you've reminded me that I believe I also have that image tucked away in a drawer!!!

Happy Thursday matey

Kathyk

Kathleen said...

A wonderful cheerful card I can't help but smile.
Kathleen x

Debs M said...

certainly brightens up this gloomy day! love it x