Wednesday 12 September 2012

Christmas in September

'Christmas in September' is the theme for our challenge this week over on Cute Card Thursday and our prize sponsor is Whiff of Joy Stamps.

Every year I vow to start making my christmas cards early, doing a few each month to prevent the crazy rush to get them all made in time come November.  So far I've failed miserably to get myself organised and this year is not shaping up much better !   Having a christmas theme for this week's challenge has prodded me into making at least one more to add to my woefully small stock of cards completed so far for this christmas.

Recently I acquired a great set of stamps and matching dies from a range developed by Sizzix and Hero Arts in partnership.  This set is so cute, I just love those reindeer in their woolly christmas jumpers and the tree dies could be used to create bunting or hats etc, so I think I will use this set a lot.

For my DT card I stamped the trees and some of the snowflakes using Stampin' Up! Pear Pizzazz ink and the reindeer and more snowflakes using Cherry Cobbler ink, cutting them all out using the matching dies.  I attached some of the diecuts flat to the base card and popped others up on Pinflair Glue to give them dimension. 

The 'grass' green strip was cut with an EK Success border punch, I found the Merry Christmas ribbon on a craft stall at a local market and I think it's a pretty way to add a sentiment.  There are touches of Stardust Stickles on the spots on the jumpers and snowflakes, sadly this isn't showing up on the pic.

I'm quite pleased with the finished card and will be using these cute diecuts on more of my christmas cards for this year I think.  Hope you've enjoyed dropping by today, thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

This is one very cute card Wynneth.

See you later matey

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Deer me, that is cute! (snigger) Lx

Jayne Hayward said...

Adore the snowflakes and the reindeer - Christmas will soon be upon us

Jayne xx