Friday 26 October 2012

Getting cracking with my Christmas cards...

 
Christmas is rushing towards me and I've realised just how few cards I've already finished, so thought I'd get busy with creating one to share with you today.  I'm still suffering badly with the cold/flu germs I managed to pick up on the flight home from my recent vacation and feeling very sorry for myself.   Hopefully I'll be feeling a little better soon and more able to get crafting.

I'm entering this one for the Rudolph Day challenge over on Sandra's Stamping for Pleasure Blog.  There's a prize of a sweet Penny Black stamp up for grabs, so well worth entering I think. 

I thought I'd go with 'simple' for the design but as there are quite a few elements I don't think it would be classed as Clean and Simple (CAS).   I've used my cute Sizzix/Hero Arts set of stamps and matching dies again for my card and SU! Pear Pizzaz and Cherry Cobbler inks to stamp out the images before cutting them out using the dies.

The sentiment is from a set by Lili of the Valley and I tied a length of red bakers' twine around the card to give the trees and reindeer something to 'stand' on.  As a finishing touch I stamped the smaller snowflake three times across the bottom, added red gems over then some Stardust Stickles, to make them sparkle a little.  I also filled the hearts on the sentiment with the Stickles and added Glossy Accents to give the reindeer shiny noses. 

A nice simple card, but I'm pleased with the result.  Hope you like it.

11 comments:

Kathyk said...

Sorry to hear you still feel so rubbish matey and wishing you good luck with shifting those nasty germies sharpish. Good to see it hasn't affected your creativity as your card is FAB!

Kathyk

Clare Lloyd said...

gorgeous card wynneth. get well soon. x

Annie said...

oh you poor snotty thing! I will ring you Sunday to see how you are - if you're infectious I'll leave it a week - if not see you Monday. Lovin' the festive card and you got the LOTV greetings .. .. I might need to bring ink then! Take care,
love and hugs, annie x

Jayne Hayward said...

Great creation and love the reindeer. Is the sentiment from a latest set from LOTV as I really like that :-)

Jayne x

Jayne Hayward said...

Great creation and love the reindeer. Is the sentiment from a latest set from LOTV as I really like that :-)

Jayne x

Brenda said...

This card is too cute!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!

scrappymo! said...

Very pretty card...Love those ink colours!
Hope you feel better soon as it is too busy of a time to spend being sick!

Sarn said...

Hi Wynneth . . . thanks for entering this lovely festive card to my challenge. The reindeers are VERY appropriate for Rudolph Day aren't they?! Good luck in the draw.

Sorry to hear you've got the dreaded lurgey at the mo. Hope you feel better soon. I've been keeping up with you over on Kathy K's blog . . . so I know you have new goodies to play with!

Hugs,
Sarn xxx

lbwright22-loopylou said...

I really like this card and the design. The colours/shapes and white-to-colour ratio is just right. Wish I could do CAS cards...
Hope you start to feel better soon. Mum and Dad return from the US on Monday and I'm hoping they don't catch a mega bug on the plane too.

Vicky Hayes said...

So sorry to hear you picked up a bug on the way home Wynneth and hope you're feeling better now. This is a great festive card for Rudolph Day and actually features Rudolph! (In a jumper too, well who can blame him!) Vicky x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Now those are cute reindeers! Nice to see you are getting Xmas crafty, I'm slowly starting too!
Sorry to hear you haven't been well, I have had a similar thing, chesty and horrid! Darn that weather.
Hope your vacation was fab!
Katie x