Wednesday 5 December 2012

Red and Green

It's Thursday again and time for a new challenge to start over on the Cute Card Thursday blog.  Our prize sponsor this week is Love to Stamp and we have a Red and Green theme.  These two colours are very popular at this time of year, so I'm expecting to see lots of christmas card entries this week.

For my DT card I've chosen to use a stamp from the lovely new bauble set of stamps I recently bought from Stampin' Up!. 


I stamped the bauble three times onto white cardstock using SU! Cherry Cobbler ink - I'm quite pleased with myself getting them all lined up fairly well without using a 'stamp-a-majig' or anything, just lined them up by eye.  I then attached this over a layer of SU! Pear Pizzaz cardstock and tied a length of red and white twine just above the stamped layer.  This was then layered onto a very slightly larger piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock to make the whole thing pop against the white basecard.

I then drew a line from the top edge down to each of the baubles using a red Spica Glitter Pen, making it appear that they are hanging from the twine. I added touches of gold Stickles on the baubles but this just isn't showing up on the pic.  Finally I stamped the Marianne's sentiment in the top right corner using Cherry Cobbler ink. 

Another CAS design for today's project, I made this card for a pal who is a great fan of clean, simple and elegant designs, I hope she likes it !

Do pop over to the CCT blog to check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the DT, they are such a talented group it's well worth a visit.  We'd love to see an entry from you too, why not give it a try this week ?

Thanks for dropping by to check out today's project.

2 comments:

Annie said...

fabby festive card, and love those baubles!
hugs, annie x

Kathyk said...

How did I miss this post? Your card is smashing - love that bauble!

Kathyk