Wednesday 23 January 2013

A Long Tall Birdie Told Me......

Good day dear bloggers, are you managing to stay warm and safe during this wintery weather ?  I do hope so.

Today's project is a 'just a note to say' card created in the clean and simple style I love so much.  As I write, this one is winging it's way to a lovely crafting pal, along with a couple of fabric digi camera cases I've made for her.  I'll share a pic of the cases once I know they've arrived safely.


I used the set of stamps by Dylusions which includes this fabulous birdie, the whole set is just so gorgeous and versatile, I love it and it has to be one of my favourites at the moment.  I stamped this fine chap directly on to the base card and added a little colour using my Copics.  Stamped the sentiment bottom right and the design was complete - perfick ! 

I hope my pal likes it when it arrives.  I used the same set of stamps to create a 60th birthday card I needed to make, I'll be sharing that one with you next thursday as I used next week's theme for the Cute Card Thursday challenge for my design which will be my DT card for next week. 

Challenge #86 over on the CAS-ual Fridays blog has the theme 'Long and Short', so as my card has a long side and a short side and has a long image (bird) and a short image (sentiment) I'm entering my card for their challenge - wish me luck !

I'm looking forward to a grand day out tomorrow at the Craft4Crafters show at Exeter Westpoint with three crafting pals, if any of you are planning to be there, let me know, it would be cool to meet any of my Readers/Followers.  So tomorrow there is likely to be just new stash acquisition and very little actual crafting done I think !  Although I don't have much on my shopping/wish list at the moment - some inks, a couple of 12x12 storage boxes and I may be tempted into buying another set of Dylusions stamps perhaps - I'm sure once I get there I'll find all sorts of things I never knew I needed but just HAVE to have !

A short and sweet post from me today, I'm busy finishing off a knitting project for another pal which I'd like to get posted out in the next couple of days.  I've also got a growing list of patchwork/quilting projects and another knitting project I've been asked to make for friends - no rest for the wicked I guess.

Take care and keep on crafting !

9 comments:

Kathyk said...

I'm sure your pal will love the card AND the camera cases - but they're not here ..... yet!

Every time I see those birdies I wonder WHY I've not got them in my collection! Maybe soon.

Have a fab time at Westpoint, wish I could justify the journey on my tod to toodle down and meet up with you.

Kathyk

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is so cute Ginny x

Unknown said...

Love your long legged birdie - very sweet. Have a fun day at the craft show tomorrow. Look forward to seeing those much needed items!

Debs M said...

love that bird - fabby cas card x

Lindsey said...

Apparently we share a love for long-legged birdies. :) I've been browsing your blog and you are one crafty lady! You have talents in so many areas and styles. P.S. Thanks so much for your sweet comment.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I think a certain Purple Princess will be buying this set for sure!
Very envious that you got to meet up with fellow crafters, I bet you had a ball not to mention the shopping (....ooh the shopping)! Pics? Hope you had a great time.
It's -5 today and chilly indeed, eagerly awaiting the +1 so all the snow can melt.
You'll never guess what I did yesterday..........no?
.......I bought a serger/overlocker! You are the first one I've told :) Can't wait to pick it up next week -sooo excited (can you tell)!
Katie x

P.S Just spotted you are no on my B-day list, can you let me know your birthday so I can add it please.
Thank you x

Anonymous said...

Love this ... fabulous sketchy image, beautifully simply and with heaps of lovely white space! Anita in France :)

Deb said...

Lovely CAS card! That bird is adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lynn said...

Crafty time with your friends...can't beat that! Love the sweet little bird! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!