Thursday 17 January 2013

Diamonds are Forever



Thursday has rolled around again so we have a new challenge starting for you this week over on the Cute Card Thursday Blog.   Our theme this week is 'Diamonds are Forever' and  Whimsy Stamps have kindly sponsored our prize. 

As 2013 started I made a resolution for the new year to try and use - as often as possible - stamps which have never been inked or have not seen ink in a long time.  So the first thing I did when I set out to create my DT card for this week was to check out stamps in the back of the cupboard and see if any of them would be appropriate for the theme.  I found this lovely elegant lady stamp in a set from KanBan which I hadn't used before - perfect ! 

I coloured the image using Copics and added some 'diamond' gems to her necklace and earring.  I cut out a diamond shape aperture in the centre of a layer of white card the same size as the front of my basecard.  I don't have a diamond shaped nestie, so used a square die.  I then used the diamond shapes stamp from a set by Stampers Anonymous and stamped using SU! grey on each side top and bottom, overstamped with Memento pink ink to fill in the gaps.

With a piece of silver mirri card and a Cuttlebug embossing folder, I created a layer with de-bossed flowers to sit behind the diamond aperture.   The open roses and rose leaves were cut using Nellie's Choice punch and emboss punches with 'Grapefruit' Stickles in the centres of each bloom.   I used PinFlair glue to raise some of the blooms a little.

A few more 'diamond' gems added around the aperture and a sentiment from Stampers Anonymous stamped using the pink ink and layered over a scrap of the silver card, with Glossy Accents over each letter to give it dimension, finished off the design.  I think there are enough diamonds on this card to fit the challenge, what do you think ?

I hope you enjoyed checking out my project today, you can find all the details for this week's challenge and see the fabulous creations from other members of the DT by visiting the CCT blog. 

Please leave me a comment to let me know you've visited and what you think of today's project, thanks a bunch.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of pretty details to make this card sparkle and shine - I do believe I might have that stamp somewhere uninked too!

Kathyk said...

FABULOUS card for the CCT challenge - was that image from the monster KANBAN set from QVC?

Happy Thursday matey - just FIVE weeks tomorrow to CRAFTATHON 2013!! WOO HOO

Kathyk

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is gorgeous Wynneth and love how you incorporated the gems/bling into the stamp in the smartest of ways. The flowers really make the card pop.
Your'e right too, dig out those stamps and ink them up and remember you bought them because you liked them.
Enjoy your day.
Katie x

Deb said...

beautiful card Wynneth, she is fabulous, funny what we find when we go hunting, I must have hundreds of stamps I have forgotten about!
Debxx