Tuesday 8 January 2013

Thank You - With Flowers

I hope that all those who went back to work for the first time yesterday after the christmas break didn't find it too difficult to settle back in. 

It's the time of year when most of us will be sending out 'Thank You' cards and my project today is a card I made to send out to say thanks for a lovely christmas gift from a pal.  

 
I thought I'd try out a technique I haven't used before, freehand drawing an outline border around the stamped image and incorporating a written sentiment as part of the frame at the bottom.  I think I need to practice this technique a little more and improve my handwriting a fair bit, but I'm quite pleased with the finished card.   I do love the Clean and Simple (CAS) style of design as it can look very stylish and elegant for any occasion.
 
The flower image is from a set of stamps by Dylusions, stamped with black Memento onto the base card and a little colour added using the new limited edition Winter set of Promarkers.  The colours are lovely soft and muted shades and I really like this set.  


Thanks for taking the time to drop by to see my project today, I do appreciate it and I'd love to hear what you think of my creations.

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Beautiful card Wynneth and the freehand doodling on the border works so well. Lx

Debs M said...

love this Wynneth! I didn't realise you had handwritten it x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Happy New Year Wynneth! Hope you had a great Xmas.
This card is so pretty and your doodled border looks really effective. At first glance I thought it was a stamp -impressed much! You must deffinitely use this technique again.
All the very best for 2013, hope all your dreams come true.
Katie xx

Unknown said...

Your hand drawn border finishes this little design off very nicely.

Great to catch up with you this evening and seeing all your lovely stitching projects.

Hoped you enjoyed looking at the book of temptation too! x