Sunday 14 April 2013

Happy Birthday J !

Today is the Birthday of one of my pals, she's coming to dinner with us this evening so we can celebrate with her and I hope she's had a lovely day so far.  My Dad has made one of his 'special' fruit crumbles for pudding and we are having a yummy roast chicken dinner (I'm getting peckish just thinking about it !)

Here's the card I made for J (I'm hoping she doesn't see my blog post before she comes here as I don't want to spoil the surprise, so fingers crossed she's been too busy to spend time on the internet !).


I used the 'Hearts a Flutter' stamp set and matching dies, Baja Breeze ink pad and fancy label punch, all from Stampin' Up! to create my design.  The sentiment was from a set of magazine freebies and the gems were in my stash. 

To create a darker layer under the sentiment, I punched out another label from turquoise cardstock, then cut it in half horizontally and glued behind the sentiment layer, with top and bottom just peeking out, to give the illusion of a larger layer. 

I recently bought a few rolls of Washi Tape (for the great price of 99pence a roll) and this lovely pale turquoise gingham one was perfect for my card. 


Here's a pic of J's pressie, I made a sweet gift tag using a scrap of white cardstock which I found on my workdesk.  It had already been embossed with a hexagon embossing folder and was a piece left over after making another card recenlty. 

I added a length of pretty Washi Tape along the centre of the tag then attached the cute bird after cutting it out using a SU! punch.  The sentiment was stamped onto the bird using a sweet little stamp from a SU! set.  The lemon ribbon was in my stash and picks up the colour on the Washi Tape for a little pop of bright colour. 

Thanks for popping by today, hope your Sunday is passing smoothly and pleasantly. 

4 comments:

Debs M said...

gorgeous card and dinner sounds yummy! enjoy x

Kathyk said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY J - she's SURE to love your card and present, Wynneth, gr8 use of the washi tape too

Kathyk

Jayne Hayward said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colour used and the beautiful hearts and sentiment. I'm very sure your friend will love it.

Jayne xx

Annie said...

fabby card and great gift Wynneth - I'm sure J will have loved them both.
hugs, annie x