Thursday 4 April 2013

Something Borrowed

As it's thursday we have a new challenge starting on the Cute Card Thursday Blog and out theme this week is 'Something Borrowed'.  Our lovely prize sponsor this week is Bunny Zoe Crafts.

Here's my DT card for the challenge.


I decided to use a set of SU! stamps, which I borrowed from my pal Linda (who is a SU! demonstrator).  For my design I again used the technique of stamping the image in grey ink rather than black.  When stamped in grey the outline is less defined, giving the coloured image a different 'feel' and more like a watercolour, which was perfect for this stamp. 

After stamping with grey ink the image was coloured using Copics.  SU! products used are background papers, image and sentiment stamps, Framelits dies and pricking guide.  After pricking the diecut layer I created faux stitching by drawing a line with a fine-nib black pen between each pricked hole. 

The green gingham ribbon was a scrap from my ribbon box, bow and buttons are from DoCrafts.  Foliage fronds were created using a Marianne's die and a scrap of Gumball Green SU! cardstock.  Finally, I added a little Stickles as the finishing touch.

Thanks for taking the time to visit today to check out my latest project, hope you are having a wonderful day.  Do hop over to the CCT to see what the rest of the DT have created to inspire you.

6 comments:

Lilian said...

Great card Wynneth. Love the image and the colouring is great
hugs
lilian

Kathyk said...

You always manage to achieve such a professional finish with your cards and your colouring is superb, Wynneth. I've got that set too.

Happy Thursday

Kathyk

Deb said...

BEautiful card Wynneth, that stamp is just fabulous!
Debxx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I adore this Wynneth. I was fooled I admit, I was very impressed by your stitching, I didn't think it was faux at all!
The image stamped in grey is beautiful and your colouring is Devine.
Katie x

froebelsternchen said...

very cute ..spring feeling!

Digi Darla said...

Great card Wynneth love this card!

Great job!

Hugs

Kim