Thursday 20 June 2013

In The Summertime

It's Thursday and the weekend is within reach - Yay !  As it's Thursday there's a new challenge starting over on the Cute Card Thursday Blog.  This week our theme is 'In The Summertime' and our prize is sponsored this week by Whimsy Stamps.

Just lately I've been trying to use some of the stamps that have been in my stash for a long time and haven't been out to play in quite a while.  It's so tempting to keep on buying stamps when all the new and exciting images start appearing in Blogland, but my house is rapidly filling up with crafting stash and storage of stamps is becoming a bit of a problem ! 

So I decided to dig out these cute stamps by Hanglar & stAnglar for my DT card for this challenge, they are perfect for the theme as when I think of Summertime I think of beaches, bathing in the ocean and BBQs.

 
I selected a couple of yummy papers from the Nanna's Kitchen range by DCWV,  I love the citrus colours and the fun BBQ designs.
 
I coloured the images with my Copics before fussy-cutting out.  The 'Sun' was created from a scrap of yellow cardstock and diecut using a spellbinders die.  The sentiments are from a set of digi freebies from the U Printables by RebeccaB site - you should go check out this site as there are fabulous things on there all free to download.  I think her designs are really targeted at Smashbookers but there are lots of great designs useful for cardmakers too.  All available free for anyone to download but she has restrictions on her designs and does not allow the sharing of them either digitally or printed out.

Thanks for taking the time to pop by to see today's creations, do swing by the CCT blog to check out the amazing projects from the rest of the DT. 

Bye for now !

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Simply splendiferously summery!!!

Kathyk

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Oh Wynneth this is gorgeous, reminds me of my kiddo's! Fun in the sun? Well it's tipping down right now but it has been lovely this week.
Fab card as ever.
Katie xx
P.S You can never have too many stamps, can you? ;) x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing Card Wynneth. Lovely to see those H&StA's in action too.

Lx

Lilian said...

What a lovely card Whynneth. So summery. Hugs
lilian