Friday 29 November 2013

A Stitch in Time....

.....well, in time for Christmas at least ! 

Happy Friday Bloggers, how's your day shaping up so far ?  Yet again, here in my bit of Cornwall the day has dawned dark and dismal, although at least it is dry and not really cold.  As I've said before, I hate these dark days and find them so depressing - the solution ? - do something crafty and preferably with bright colours !

As you have probably guessed from my post title, today's project is a quilted one.  I've finished another table runner, this time in rich lush blues, creams and golds.  Here's a close up shot of the runner folded.

 
... and here's a shot of the whole thing - beautifully modelled by my trusty quilt holder !
 
 
 
I've used my favourite 'disappearing nine-patch' design for this runner, I love how all the tiny pieces fit together to create each unique design. 
 
That's it from me for today, I've more sewing to do and a few more Christmas cards to finish off.  I'm all prepared for tomorrow's Craft Fair so can concentrate on other projects which need attention. 
 
I'll have another sewing project to share with you in my next post on here.  It's a home décor item and I can't wait to have it displayed alongside our other Christmas decorations when we begin making the house more festive in readiness for the Holidays.
 
Have a great day whatever you have planned and thanks so much for taking the time to drop by here to check on what I've been doing today.

3 comments:

Debs M said...

Lovely make and looking forward to seeing your next one x

Kathyk said...

It's a gorgeous set of fabrics made in to one fabbylicious quilty project matey

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Corr! Smashing! LOVE the colours :oD

Lx