Thursday 21 November 2013

Anything But a Card

Whoa !  it's Thursday again and we are hurtling at breakneck speed towards Christmas !  I'm only mildly panicking at the moment, my To Do list is huge, but I am working my way through it, crossing off some of the items.  The gift shopping/making is coming along nicely, but I'm sadly behind with making my cards.  Guess that means you'll be seeing quite a lot of Christmas themed projects on here for a while then ! 

Anyway, back to the main reason for today's post, as it's Thursday we have a new challenge starting over on the Cute Card Thursday Challenge Blog.  This week our theme is 'Anything But a Card' and our prize is sponsored this week by Whimsy Stamps.

For my DT project I decided to make a festive cracker for on the table on the Big Day (need to get another 3 made to go with this one).  It wasn't easy to photograph so I've included pix from different angles to give you a better chance to see it more as it looks IRL.

The whole thing


Standing on end


Close up shot


I had this very nice pewter coloured 12 x 12 cardstock in my stash and used the measurements and notes I'd jotted down when I came across an online tutorial for making a cracker.  I must apologise but I'm unable to give credit for the tutorial as I've been unable to locate it again and had to work from my scrappy notes.  I'd be more than happy if one of my Readers could give me the link so that I may give due credit for this.

The image is from a set of stamps and matching dies from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations range.  I adore the TH blueprints stamps and have this one in the mini size which I use all the time for tags and smaller cards.  When I discovered that Sizzix had brought out the larger stamp with matching dies I just had to have both this one and the blueprint tree sets - so much for my resolution to absolutely not purchase any more Christmas stamps to add to my huge collection - ah well, I'm guessing that many of you will understand how weak I am when my eye alights on a 'must have' item !  What are we avid stampers like eh ?

I did minimum colouring on the image before cutting it out, stamping and diecutting three times so that I could decoupage different bits. The body has only two layers but hat and scarf have three.  I used Copics to add the touches of colour, lots of Stardust Stickles on his body and the snowflakes and Glossy Accents on hat trim and scarf - but as always, the sparkle of the Stickles just isn't showing up in the pic.  If anyone can give me some tips on how to photograph glittered items, please do so, I'd appreciate it.  The snowflakes were diecut using a Marianne's die.

The lovely white silk ribbon tied around the ends was from my stash and came as a small gift in a birthday card from a lovely pal.

Do go over to check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the Awesome DT over on the CCT Blog, you won't be disappointed, I assure you.

Thanks for dropping by here today, it's lovely to have you visit, leave me a comment if you have the time, I just love reading what everyone thinks of my creations.

Have a great day, whatever you have planned.  I'm off out for lunch with pals today - Yay ! 

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's absolutely smashing Wynneth. Wow! Lx

Kathyk said...

Simply splendid .... I bet you are going "crackers!" (sorry, pun intended) trying to catch up on the Christmas preparations - good luck matey

Kathyk

Debs M said...

Love this Wynneth - great pewter card and you know I love that snowman - I didn't realise there were dies to go with the larger one! I'm not surprised you succumbed! x

Beverley said...

Wow! This is stunning :) Hugs Bev x