Thursday 28 November 2013

Anythings Goes - and it's not a Christmas Card !

Happy Thursday Folks, it's time for a new challenge over on the Cute Card Thursday Blog.  This week there is no particular theme, just 'Anything Goes' so feel free to create whatever you wish for your entry.  Our prize sponsor this week is Rick St Denis - do go checkout his amazing digi-images especially if you're looking for something a bit 'different' it's well worth a visit. 

For my DT card this week I've used one of Rick's fabulous images, this one is called Chin Chin - isn't she a cutie ?


I haven't made an oriental style card in such a long time, but when I saw this image in Rick's shop, it encouraged me to dig out my box of oriental bits and pieces and I found some stickers and papers that, to be honest, I'd forgotten were there. 

Firstly I coloured Chin Chin with my Copics and added a touch of pink Stickles on her shoes and the tassels and pom-pom on her hat, then fussy cut her out.

I created the frame using some of the stickers from my stash and embossed a piece of rich gold cardstock using a bamboo design embossing folder.  I set this embossed panel in the centre of the frame then attached the Chin Chin image.  You can just see a bit of the bamboo in top left corner.

The flowers were from my stash and are, I believe, from Orchid Crafts.  Using some Marianne's dies I cut out various fronds of greenery to attach under the flowers.

That's it, a nice simple card to pull together but I'm pleased with the final result.

Thanks for dropping by to check out my project, you can see the fabulous work by the DT by popping over to the CCT blog.  Happy Crafting !

1 comment:

Annie said...

a pretty card Wynneth, lovin' the pretty colours you have used.
hugs, annie x

ps
one day I will get around to calling you .. .. Mum is being quite demanding at the moment, probably because I've been trying to get out more and she doesn't like being left on her own.