Saturday 14 December 2013

Festive Gift Bags

Good morning Bloggers, hope you have a nice day in store today.  I'm not sure what I'll be doing, but I just know it will get filled up, there's always plenty to do at this time of year !

Today the project I'm sharing with you is a couple of little gift bags - perfect for filling with a few treats for on the Christmas table.

 

Recently I treated myself to the We R Memory Keepers Gift Bag Punchboard and it does make bag making easier although I think it would be a great deal more useful if the width of the bags could have been adjustable as well as the height - the width is a fixed 2 inches and not adjustable.  It's nice to be able to make a gift bag 12 inches high (or taller if you have paper more than 12 x 12).  The built in punch for adding holes at the top of the bag is a good option, saves measuring and using a Cropadile or other punch, plus the holes are always in the perfect place every time.

Using some 12 x 12 Christmas patterned papers I created the gift bags using the punchboard - I cut the paper in half so the bag height is 6 inches, including the folded under base.  As I was using the Medium option on the board (you have the choice of SML), I trimmed the 6 x 12 paper to 6 x 11 before starting, as per the instructions.  I threaded a length of red and white twine through the holes punched on the board, to create the closure.

To decorate the front of the bags I stamped the blueprint snowman using the Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations stamp and matching die set.  After stamping the image using SU! Raspberry Ripple ink I cut out the body of the snowman using the appropriate die from the set and attached to the front of the bag.  I added a touch of clear Wink of Stella glitter pan to the images - sadly the twinkle doesn't show up in the pix but is a nice subtle shine IRL.

Just got to fill up these pretty gift bags with some nice choccies and they'll be ready for my Festive table in a couple of weeks' time.

Have a 'Crafty' day !

1 comment:

Kathyk said...

As delicious as the contents!

Kathyk