Sunday 1 December 2013

It's a Pengie Kinda Day !

Hi there Bloggers, hope you've had a fabby and creative weekend - will you be joining the expected Mega Monday Online Shopping Frenzy ?  Or have you got all your shopping finished and are ready for the Big Day ?  Me ?  I've done some shopping online over the past couple of weeks and just have a few more things to get, but all of the gifts to wrap yet.

Today's project is another Christmas card, I'm going to enter this one for the current Rudolph Day challenge over on the Craftbubble II(and a half) Forum.  The theme this month is 'Festive Animals' - I think my Pengie can be described as a festive animal with his Santa hat and candy cane, don't you ?


The image is a stamp from Sparkle and Sprinkle in Ruskin, Florida - I picked him up on my recent visit to their store, I just couldn't resist him, despite the fact that I DO NOT NEED any more Christmas stamps !

I coloured him whilst working on my pal Kathy's table of craftiness in Florida on our recent trip over there.  I'm not completely sure but I believe I used a mix of Copics, ProMarkers and Spectrum Noir pens.  He then travelled home with me and was languishing in my box of coloured images just waiting for the perfect card to sit on.

I found this lovely red with white snowflakes card scrap in my box of scrappy card and papers and added some Washi Tape at the sides where the panel was too small for my base card.  I think it lightens the design and looks better than it would if the panel had covered the whole card front. 

I layered the image up on a scrap of SU! Garden Green cardstock and a scrap of lovely gold card which has been in my stash forever !  A length of pretty satin edged organza ribbon tied around and into a bow and a sentiment from Little Claires, stamped with SU! Raspberry Ripple ink, and the design was complete.  As a finishing touch, I added Glossy Accents to his feet/flippers, beak and candy cane, plus Stardust Stickles on his hat band and bobble

It's a fun little card which is fairly flat so should go through the mail for the regular postage cost rather than needing a large letter stamp.

Hope you've enjoyed your visit, do drop by again real soon.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

And how fabby is he? Glorious card using him too

Kathyk

AB. said...

Really cute card!! Love that penguin! xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

...and what a cutie he is too. So glad to see I'm not the only one still beavering away on Christmas cards ;oD I feel sooooo much better... Lx