Wednesday 11 December 2013

Pengie Pillows

Happy Wednesday Bloggers, just a quick post from me today, got lots to get done and I'm out for my regular crafting evening with pals tonight.

Today's project is a pair of little pillow boxes I made to hold some sweeties/chocolates.



I recently treated myself to the We R Memory Keepers Pillow Box Punchboard.  It makes creating pillow boxes easy, however it would have been even more useful if it gave the flexibility of making wider/thicker pillows rather than only being able to make them longer.  You can make pillows up to 12 inches long (or longer if you have bigger paper/card) but I can't imagine what you would put into a very long and thin pillow box !  So far, my feeling about the board is that it is OK, but maybe I'll learn to love it the more I use it ! 

I had this lovely foiled cardstock with Christmas sentiments all over it in my stock, so used it to make the pillows.  The width/depth of the pillows is fixed by the board but I made them 4 inches long.

For decoration I used a really cute set of stamps and matching dies by Clearly Besotted - I love this sweet pengie and there is a great snowman and reindeer in the set too.  I stamped the image using SU! Midnight Muse ink.

I made the little tags using a set of stamps by Penny Black, stamped again using the Midnight Muse ink and fussy cut out.  The sentiment is just perfect as the pillow boxes are filled with sweeties.

Hope you've enjoyed today's project - off now to get more things done from my To Do list, one of which is to stand in line at the Post Office to send a parcel - hmph !

Have a great day.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Your pillow boxes are lush and those pengies divine matey!

Kathyk

Unknown said...

These are adorable Wynneth and what great little gifts. I am sure you will grow to love the board the more you use it. x

Stephanie said...

I love them!! They are wonderful Wynneth :) xx