Sunday 6 April 2014

Spring Colours

Hi Folks, it's been a while since I last posted anything on my blog, I have been crafting a little but just not had an opportunity to share any projects with you.

So, today I thought it was about time to post up something new.  Today's project was inspired by this month's Lavinia Stamps Challenge, which has the theme 'Spring Colours with the stipulation that only Lavinia stamps be used.

When I think of Spring colours I imagine yellows and greens, with just a hint of pinks and mauves as various wildflowers begin to bloom, so I have used these colours on my entry for this month' challenge.

 
I created the background using Distress Inks and overstamped various Lavinia images using black Archival ink.  I used a water brush to lift out a little of the colour in front of the Fairy Houses, among the trees and on parts of the stone path to create the impression of light and contours.  I also used the same water brush technique to create a horizon.

As a finishing touch I scattered Shabby White Frantage Emboss Enamel over the image and heated from underneath to melt it.

I'm enjoying playing with Distress Inks at the moment and having great fun !

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out today's project, hope you enjoyed your visit.

10 comments:

Patricia said...

Good evening, great to see you posting again.
Love this darling picture it is just brilliant.

Patricia xx

Debs M said...

This is fabulous - love those houses x

Kathyk said...

Delightful card - nice touch with the frontage

Kathyk

Clare Lloyd said...

It's beautiful!

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's gorgeous! The frantage looks just like all the blossom we've got falling from our big old pear tree. Just glorious! Good luck with the challenge. Lx

Karen said...

Lovely card Wynneth, lovely colours. Thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck. Kx DT member

Mindful craft said...

Great card Wynneth, the frantage is like blossom from the trees. Thanks for entering the Lavinia challenge and good luck Karen (DT) xx

Anja v K@@rten said...

Oh yeeeaH, I was very happy to see your creation :-) Beautiful!!! Groetjes, Anja

Eileen said...

This is clever and very pretty Wynneth... love it Thank you and good luck with your entry into our Lavinia Stamps challenge

Unknown said...

Love this card!! very beautifully done. Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)