Thursday 21 August 2014

Back to School

Happy Thursday Folks, hope it's a great one for you.

Today we have a new challenge starting over on the Cute Card Thursday Blog and this week our prize sponsor is Whimsy Stamps.

Our theme this week is 'Back to School' - very appropriate for this time of year when most Moms are busy making sure their 'little darlings' are all kitted out and ready for a new school year. I recall those days from when my kids were young !

So, here's my DT creation for this week's challenge.

 
 
I had a design in mind before I started on my card, thought I'd use a Graphic 45 stamp set, however despite undertaking a search,  just couldn't locate that particular set.  Plan B found me rummaging through a box of ready stamped images which I keep for when I need to get something made quickly and no time to search for a particular stamp.
 
I thought this pair of cuties from hAnglar & stAnglar would work on my design.  I coloured the images with my Copics before fussing cutting each one out.   
 
I used a C6 kraft base card and added a layer of kraft with black dots - which I found in my box of bits - first tying a length of natural twine around the dotty layer on the lefthand side before attaching it to the card.
 
I added the two coloured figures using PinFlair Glue to give them a little dimension.  A little touch of Glossy Accents on the girls hair bows and on both their shoes adds more texture.
 
The 'blackboard' style sentiment is from a set of stamps by Stampin'Up!, stamped using Archival Black ink and then cut out.  The 'new school' sentiment I created on my computer and cut out using a scalloped circle punch.
 
It's a simple layout/design but when working on a smaller base card it can look overcrowded if you try to add to many elements, plus these H&S images are quite large.
 
I hope you've enjoyed your visit today and seeing my latest make, do pop over to the CCT Blog to check out the amazing work from the rest of the DT.
 
Thanks for dropping by, hope to welcome you back again real soon.

 

3 comments:

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I love your simple layout which really "pops" against the kraft. It's always handy to have a bunch of ready stamped images! These are too cute. Looks like my two on Monday morning. It's so quiet around here now that they are back at school. :(
Great make Wynneth.
Katie xx

Kathyk said...

FAB card from you missus, love the blackboard style sentiment and your use of a "plan B" too. I strongly suspect you and I may have gone halves on those thick papers as I have some of the same!

Kathyk

Veerle said...

Gorgeous card Wynneth.
Greetings from Veerle