Saturday 23 August 2014



Today I thought I'd share this little Thank You card with you.  I made it to send to a lovely crafting pal to thank her for her warm hospitality and the opportunity to spend time crafting with pals.

I used a scalloped edge C6 base card, Distress inks, a Memory Box stencil and a set of 'splodges' stamps by Visible Image.

Using the stencil I applied various colours of DI onto the card. I diecut a layer and added DI around the edges and stamped the sentiment (using a very old wood mounted stamp which doesn't have the manufacturer's name anywhere). 

I then laid the shaped layer in place over the background and stamped the splodges, going over the edge to give the illusion of an actual ink splat dripping over the edge of the shaped layer onto the background.

Finally I attached the shaped layer using PinFlair Glue to raise it up a little from the background.

I'm quite pleased with the finished card and can't wait to play with the other stencils I've recently acquired.

Thanks for dropping by to check out my project today, hope you enjoyed your visit.

Have a great day, whatever you have planned.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

And it's even more splendid in real life - thank you matey, it was good to see you too

Kathyk

Debs M said...

great make and how apt that it is purple! x

Unknown said...

Love the background you have created - I somehow guessed with the colour you used it might be for you pal Kathy.

Hope to see you soon. x