Thursday 16 October 2014

Festive but just one layer

Bit late posting today, sorry.  As it's Thursday again, we have a new challenge starting over on the Cute Card Thursday Blog.  This week our theme is 'One Layer' and our prize sponsor is Whimsy Stamps.  Here's my DT card.


I love one layer cards and I'm still needing to make a few batches of Christmas cards, so today's project fits both.  I'm not sure which colour I prefer I like them both, which do you prefer ?

Using a C6 size scallop edged card, I embossed the front with this fabulous Christmas bauble embossing folder.  I really feel it needs very little extra embellishment as it's pretty on it's own.  However, I added just a few coloured gems as highlights.

The sentiment was created using a Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp and die set and stamped using Stampin'Up! inks then cut out with the matching die.

There we are Simples !  Ideal for when you need to make lots of cards (which I do each year).  Making an embossed background and adding a sentiment is a great way to do this and making it a one layer card is even quicker than attaching an embossed layer to the base card.

I hope you enjoyed today's project and thank you for visiting. 

5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Aren't they pretty. Love all the little details too. Lx

Kathyk said...

Super batch card and loving the pop of colour

Kathyk

Unknown said...

I love your cards, I couldn't choose a favourite between them. Karen x

lbwright22-loopylou said...

Super, super cards. I find OL so hard...
thanks for the email. I'll get the card in the post in time for the special day. Hope you have fun up with your Dad too- I bet the two of you have some good crafty projects planned (as well as other things) ;-)

Debs M said...

ooh these are lovely - hmm both colours are fab! x